Anything that you can do is greatly appreciated however this crusade for me will span my Lifetime.
Over the past 3 years I have been running in the Ottawa Spartan Sprint ( 5k 15-18 obstacles) with a group of amazing people. We run wearing jerseys advertising Royal Lepage Team – The Stuewe Team’s support for CF. I have worn our Team Colours to more than 15 races mostly in Canada however also in the United States and England.
I have a goal to raise $60,000 over the next 3 years. Specifically to be able to purchase respiratory lung vests for 3 children.
CF is very personal for me with a very special little guy who has this disease who is not in need of a vest yet. He is my grandson who has made it to 10 years of age and is a dramatic fighter even playing competitive soccer. From what we understand Avery will be entering a more difficult period in three years from now. Today 90% of the time things are great ! The other 10% can be a little Brutal.
This year our team will be dramatically expanded to include our existing RLP & Greco friends along many new friends from the Deloitte organization.
I have set a target of $10,000 for the season and hope that Ottawa’s Race will get me half way there. With the Toronto Jazz Night fundraiser ($9500) I am almost half way to my $20,000 goal for year 1. CF provides receipts for both corporate and personal donations.
Cystic Fibrosis is a Life Threatening Genetic Disease that affects the Lungs and Digestive System.
There is No Cure.
There are over 2,000 strains of Cystic Fibrosis.
Children in the 1950’s-1970’s barely lived long enough to attend elementary school.
Today thanks to Research people are living into their 20’s, 30’s, 40’ and a few early 50’s.
Average life expectancy is 22-30yrs old.
Depending on the gene combination hospitalization for months at a time is not unusual for children 10 years old and up.
Previously Active children being tied to IV Antibiotics or Breathing machines can be mentally and physically debilitating.
By donating with our team our Royal LePage Team agents can help to create greater awareness of this disease. By donating personally or having even a few friends sponsor them, our Royal lePage Team realtors would be helping to find a cure. More importantly, our efforts will lead to a better quality of life for many children, teens and adults.
Emails similar to this have been sent to employees of Deloitte and to members of the Greco organization and OSU Soccer. The link below will get our people to the CF site.
Please help me raise money needed…please click on the link below to donate today.
Click on the different category headings to find out more. You can also change some of your preferences. Note that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience on our websites and the services we are able to offer.
Essential Website Cookies
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features.
Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the website, you cannot refuse them without impacting how our site functions. You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings and force blocking all cookies on this website.
Google Analytics Cookies
These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our website and application for you in order to enhance your experience.
If you do not want that we track your visist to our site you can disable tracking in your browser here:
Other external services
We also use different external services like Google Webfonts, Google Maps and external Video providers. Since these providers may collect personal data like your IP address we allow you to block them here. Please be aware that this might heavily reduce the functionality and appearance of our site. Changes will take effect once you reload the page.